Monday, August 10, 2009

It's Monday!

|
...and what are YOU reading? This weekly event is hosted by J. Kaye.

Books I read last week...both for the Southern Reading Challenge:
  • The Well and the Mine by Gin Phillips
  • Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison
Books to read this week (or, books on the top of my 'to read' list):
  • Crazy in Alabama by Mark Childress (to complete the Southern Reading Challenge!)
  • I'm Down: A Memoir by Mishna Wolff
  • The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
  • The Ballad of West Tenth Street by Marjorie Kernan (all three of these finally available from my library hold list)

What are you reading this week, and what's on your 'to read' list?

6 comments:

jill said...

I'm reading 3 books. I try to stick to one at a time but that just isn't working right now.
1. The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien
2. The Lost City of Z - David Gran; This is my book club book for August. Way out of the realm of what we normally read. Not really enjoying as it reads too much like a textbook for my tastes.
3. The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo - Stieg Laresen; I'm only a few pages into this one.

Kari said...

Jill, I try to stick to one at a time as well. If I have to focus on more than that, I start mixing up characters and plots!

How are you finding The Hobbit? I read it way back in middle school, but I feel it's one of those that needs a re-read (along with about 893403284 more!).

jill said...

I've never read the Hobbit, though I've tried to pick it up a few times. My husband is always bugging me to read it so I gave in. I'm definitely taking my time and only read it while I'm in the mood.

This time around is going much better.

Also, edit to my earlier post, I totally spelt Larsson's name wrong! How embarrassing?

Kari said...

Have you ever read The Lord of the Rings series? Another "classic" series that I've seemed to have missed out on. I haven't seen the movies either...don't really have a desire to read or see.

Anonymous said...

Loved Crazy in Alabama! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Great list. I read One Mississippi by Childress and really enjoyed it.