Friday, August 7, 2009

Book Blogger Appreciation Week: Hello!

|

The first of many activities to come from Book Blogger Appreciation Week, this is a bit of a "getting to know you" exercise. Hopefully in the coming weeks, you'll get to know a little more about the people behind the words you read on this blog. Maybe the other authors can respond with their answers (hint)!

1) What has been one of the highlights of blogging for you?

Mostly, I'm just excited to be able to talk about books with a community that will listen and contribute to discussion. Oftentimes, you can find a fellow reader somewhere in your everyday life, but they may not know about the specific book you're reading. The online book community creates such a larger group of people with the same interest, and usually, someone knows of or has read the book you want to discuss.

I also am way more in tune and up to date with the booking world. I recognize many more books on the shelves now. And I actually remember the things I read!

2) What blogger has helped you out with your blog by answering questions, linking to you, or inspiring you?

I've done a lot of lurking to give me ideas on layout and content, and there are so many book bloggers that have been inspirational; Dawn @ She is Too Fond of Books has been particularly helpful by going out of her way to give me response. Other than that, I think my fellow authors on this blog are my biggest inspiration. We end up discussing our book blog when we're hanging out at a bar. We kind of feed off each other in terms of what to write about, what kinds of books to read.

3) What one question do you have about BBAW that someone who participated last year could answer?

How do you get more people to comment? I see the stats, and I see how many people are consistently lurking!

3 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Make sure you comment on the blogs of other consistently. Leave thoughtful comments. Also, ask your readers questions. Don't be afraid to be a little bit controversial (don't be insulting or anything.)

Here is mine

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Commenting on others blogs many times brings them back to you. Different things bring people into the comment conversation but like Bluestocking said, have questions and discussions occasionally - or have giveaways that encourage comments.

:)

Alexia561 said...

Isn't the book blogging community the best? Love finding other readers to discuss my latest read with, and having them recommend books they think I'll enjoy. I've met so many nice people, and found so many new authors through blogging. Really looking forward to BBAW! Should be a blast!