Thursday, February 4, 2010

FEBRUARY Book Events: New York

|
Why oh why do I always seem to forget about this until a couple days into the month?

2/4, Thursday
  • "Secrets of Eden" Chris Bohjalian, B&N 86th & Lex, 7:00 pm
2/5, Friday
  • "Weeping Underwater Looks a Lot Like Laughter" Michael J. White, B&N Park Slope, 7:30 pm
2/8, Monday
  • "Hot Springs" Geoffrey Becker, McNally Jackson Books, 7:00 pm
2/9, Tuesday
  • "Brava, Valentine" Adriana Trigiani, B&N 86th & Lex, 7:00 pm
  • "The Other Side of Paradise" Staceyann Chin, B&N Union Square, 7:00 pm
  • "Flawless: Inside the Largest Diamond Heist in History" Scott Selby and Greg Campbell, McNally Jackson Books, 7:00 pm
2/10, Wednesday
  • "The Postmistress" Sarah Blake, B&N 86th & Lex, 7:00 pm
  • "Lowboy" John Wray, Idlewild Books, 7:00 pm
2/11, Thursday
  • "The Room and the Chair" Lorraine Adams, B&N 86th & Lex, 7:00 pm
  • "The First Annual Grand Prairie Rabbit Festival" Ken Wheaton, B&N Park Slope, 7:30 pm
2/16, Tuesday
  • "Union Atlantic" Adam Haslett, B&N 86th & Lex, 7:00 pm
2/19, Friday
  • "The Man from Beijing" Henning Mankell, B&N 86th & Lex, 7:00 pm
2/22, Monday
  • "What Makes an African American Classic?" Henry Louis Gates, Jr., B&N 86th & Lex, 7:00 pm
  • "The Three Weissmanns of Westport" Cathleen Schine, B&N 82nd & Broadway, 7:00 pm
2/24, Wednesday
  • Launch party for Hold Me Tight and Tango Me Home, Maria Finn, Idlewild Books, 7:00 pm
2/25, Thursday
  • "Horns" Joe Hill, B&N 82nd & Broadway, 7:00 pm

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Oh how I wish I could be there for some of those events!

Anonymous said...

That's amazing you posted all these events! I plan on attending THE POSTMISTRESS on 2/10 - will you be there?

Also, I'm dying to see if my gravatar is working :)

Kari said...

Yeah, I'm definitely planning on being there! I was super bummed I didn't get an Early Reviewer copy of it on LibraryThing, haha.

Plus, it's super close to my apartment. woohoo!

Also, I'm guessing the gravatar doesn't work on Blogger...?