Saturday, March 22, 2014

An Update on What's Happening With This Blog

|
To anyone who is still reading this blog: hello again! This blog has been on a bit of an unannounced hiatus as I've spent the past 2 months traveling overseas. Don't worry--there are no thoughts of blog abandonment here; I've still been reading a ton and have many books to share in the upcoming weeks!

I did, though, want to check in and announce a few changes that will be coming to this blog in the future, mirroring the many changes that have been made in my own life in recent months! Back in December, I finished my MLS program and quit my job, and Colin and I moved out of NYC. I'll be entering the library field the upcoming months, and that's inspired me to broaden the scope of this blog, because I think it can be a great resource for any kind of media recommendations or reviews--libraries aren't just about books! I hope to post about anything I read or see, not just books--TV shows, movies, documentaries, music, and anything that may pique a person's interest and inspire their own information investigation.

Plus, we're not in New York anymore! I haven't decided if the name of the blog is going to change since this one is already so well established, but it's another consideration as the sphere of this blog widens.

I'd also like to institute more interactivity, both on this blog and in my own reading/watching/listening--new reading challenges, suggestions and group projects.

If you're still here, thanks for sticking around! I'm excited about the changes in my life, and I hope that excitement can extend to this blog. As always, I want this to be a place to talk about the culture we're consuming and share loves and hates, thoughts and opinions--all to inspire interest in and enthusiasm for the many different stories being told.

1 comment:

Aarti said...

Yay for you! Glad you're still around and excited about what's coming in your life :-) Where are you moving? Best of luck!