Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2: Next On the List

|
I am way behind on my posting. Way behind. It's actually starting to stress me out a little, because I don't think I've ever been this slow at it before! I've got a back log of at least five books to write about (I know, I know...to some of you, that is normal), but my reading is not slowing down. I have class to thank for this. As I've mentioned before, that gives me so much reading time on the back and forth commute.

Anyway, that's all boring and probably of zero interest to anyone, but hopefully I'll have some time to catch up this month with both Spring Break (which only means no class for a week; doesn't mean as much when you still have to work full time) and a week-long trip to Nashville (which will hopefully mean a week spent relaxing in the sun by my parents' pool).

W    H    A    T        I    '    M        R    E    A    D    I    N    G

I'm unable to attend book club this month because of class, so I officially have nothing on my reading schedule. This is giving me the perfect opportunity to read some things that have been sitting on my shelf for-ev-er. I just read Emily St. John Mandel's Last Night in Montreal, which I won from a book blog at least a couple years ago, and I'm currently in the middle of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, which I also won somewhere years ago. My goal may just be to go through a single shelf and read everything that's been sitting there for at least a year.

I've still got several things on my list for my Westward Ho! reading project. I have at least one review for that pending, but I want to read at least one title from my original list this month. I also am planning on bringing back my JUV FIC Corner, because I've been reading tons of books for my Children's Lit class. I did not read all of them as a kid, which was the original theme of the project, but still reading from an adult perspective is thought-provoking.


A short but sweet summary; here's to the end of March (thank God; it's the worst month) and looking to warmer days ahead.

No comments: